When you’re visiting the HQ Business Logos site, we don’t want you to worry that we will misuse the information you share with us about yourself. It is important to us that all of our customers understand what information we gather about them, how we use it, and how we work to protect it. By using the HQ Business Logos service and this website, you consent to the information practices described in this policy. Keep in mind that your use of the HQ Business Logos service is also subject to, and controlled by, the HQ Business Logos Customer Agreement.
- Personally Identifiable Information is information that can be used to locate you, contact you, or determine your specific identity. When other information is linked to Personally Identifiable Information, it also becomes Personally Identifiable Information.
HQ Business Logos collects Personally Identifiable Information from you in several ways:
- When you register for the HQ Business Logos Service, we ask you for basic registration information, such as your name, company, address, email address, phone, fax, and other basic contact information (“Registration Information”).
- When you place an order or subscribe to a product through the HQ Business Logos service, we may collect the appropriate billing information, including your credit card number, expiration date, and billing address (“Billing Information”). This information is not retained.
- We may ask you for voluntary personal information at other times, including but not limited to when you provide opinions, enter a contest or promotion, or report a problem with the HQ Business Logos service (“Optional Information”).
- When you submit a request for more information or assistance, HQ Business Logos will keep a record of the request and the manner in which it was processed (“Customer Service Information”).
- In addition to the collection of Personally Identifiable Information, we may also automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, your computer’s name, the type and version of your web browser, referrer addresses, and other generally-accepted log information. We may also record page views (hit counts) and other general statistical and tracking information.
Limits on Information Collection
We must have your Personally Identifiable Information in order for us to adequately provide you with the HQ Business Logos service.
Note that by limiting information collection, HQ Business Logos may not be able to provide you the same functionality or features as otherwise available (if such functionality or features rely on this information).
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a web site’s computers and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Each web site can send its own cookies to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) most browsers only permit a web site to access the cookies that the same web site has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information
In general, we will not disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to unaffiliated third parties without your express consent. If we seek your consent to disclose your Personally Identifiable Information to a third party, we will do so unambiguously, explaining precisely what information we seek to disclose, the entity to whom we wish to disclose it, and the purpose for the disclosure.
There are, however, some limited circumstances in which we may be need to disclose Personally Identifiable Information about a user, and we want you to know about them:
- We may employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf, such as fulfilling orders, providing customer service, sending mail, processing credit card payments, or other functions necessary to our business. We may need to share your Personally Identifiable Information to these companies. However, we will provide them with only that information necessary to perform their functions, and will not allow them to use that information for any other purpose.
- We may reveal a user’s identity (or whatever information we know about that individual) if we believe that user is harming or interfering with other HQ Business Logos users, anyone else, or violating (either intentionally or unintentionally) our Customer Agreement or infringing any of HQ Business Logos’ legal rights.
- HQ Business Logos will reveal information, including Personally Identifiable Information, to the extent it reasonably believes it is required to do so by law. If we receive legal process calling for the disclosure of any of your personally identifiable information we will, if permitted by law, attempt to notify you via the e-mail address you supplied during registration within a reasonable amount of time before we respond to the request.
- HQ Business Logos may transfer information it collects, including any Personally Identifiable Information, in connection with a sale of all or most of the assets of the company.
Use and Disclosure of Anonymous Information
Anonymous Information is any information collected from you or by the HQ Business Logos service, other than Personally Identifiable Information, including aggregate information derived from Personally Identifiable Information.
HQ Business Logos may use Anonymous Information to improve the HQ Business Logos website and service, to monitor traffic and general usage patterns, and for other general business purposes.
HQ Business Logos may disclose Anonymous Information to third parties for a variety of business reasons, including to publishers to inform them as to what content is appealing to their readers, to advertisers to inform them of the usage habits or characteristics of the interested audience, and to potential investors so that they may better understand HQ Business Logos’ user base, etc.
Anonymous Information will not include any Personally Identifiable Information and HQ Business Logos will not disclose any Personally Identifiable Information except as expressly stated elsewhere in this policy.
Changing or Removing Information
Since Anonymous Information is by its very nature non-personally identifying, we have no way to locate Anonymous Information obtained by your use of the service. In addition, Anonymous Information is often aggregated. Therefore, we cannot remove Anonymous Information obtained from you or as a result of your usage of the website or service.
We employ reasonable and current security methods to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure correct use of information.
Your personal data will be stored within a database that is located behind a firewall for added security. The server housing the database is physically protected at a secure, third party site and is monitored by security personnel twenty-four hours a day. Only authorized personnel can access the data center and the particular server housing the database.
No data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be secure. As a result, while we try to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
We do not encrypt your normal web sessions with the Service using SSL. Any transmission to the HQ Business Logos website or service of credit card information uses SSL encryption.
The HQ Business Logos service is not directed to children (persons under the age of 13), and we do not knowingly collect, either online or offline, personally identifiable information from children.